WHO IS SHE STORY
My mind, directly became a whirlwind... was it an equivalent Debina who was with me the whole yesterday evening? But how can that be if she had already been ......... There are certain days when one would expect that things could are different!
It was that day of early December! I had visited the coal town of Raniganj in West Bengal for a few official assignment.
It was a busy day and that i had figured to chill off within the evening… no more tension of the office!
Sitting within the restaurant of the Hotel occupying a table for 2 , I felt like going to know… ask somebody… but no known person could are there. it had been my first visit thereto town; my only acquaintances were office ones …
I casually glanced around. it had been an outsized restaurant but sparsely occupied. there have been sprinklings of men and ladies , more gentlemen as I could figure out .
My eyes dwelt upon the Far East corner of the space near the reception area. a woman was sitting there alone even as i used to be here. Could she even be trying to find somebody to speak to as I was?
She seemed to have slim built, pleasant in appearance, perhaps within the wrong side of twenty, attired in traditional sari of sunshine pink. The nip within the air thanks to the onset of early winter had made her drape a black woolen shawl on her shoulders.
I was a long way away and her description in my mind may need been a touch premature, especially her appearance, but it had been just idle speculation. I had nothing else to occupy me at that point .
Soon the waiter came and took my dinner order. for a few minutes my attention was diverted; when the waiter left, I saw my watch – the time was 7.55 pm; I looked again towards the direction of the woman . She wasn't there.
“Well”, I thought, “there goes alittle diversion during this dreary place.”
With nothing else to try to to I picked up the menu again…dessert had to be ordered.
“May I sit here?”, there was a coffee melodious voice of a woman .
I raised my eyes … a touch stunned because the same lady was standing near me, a faint smile on her face, a light perfumed aroma surrounding her.
She was pretty, fair complexioned with petite nose, large – dark eyes, alittle shapely mouth colored with natural lipstick. the foremost striking feature of her appearance was thick, black and wavy hair cascading down till her shoulders.
It just took a couple of moments on behalf of me to soak up her beauty … yes in my mind she appeared fascinating. such a lot in order that I felt my heart was palpitating.
I was sure my face didn’t reveal my inner thoughts … outwardly i used to be calm and stared at her.
She repeated, “May I?”
“Yes”, I said, “But i'm unable to put you”.
She sat down demurely and opened her purse removing a calling card . “I am Debina, Business Development Manager of M/s Coal Equipment. I saw you in carbonado Coalfields’ office today morning and over- heard your business proposal to them. pitying unintended intrusion. “
She handed her card to me, “My firm are going to be ready to supplement your proposal in such how that both yours and my firm are going to be benefited.”
Then opening her leather bag, she said, “If you permit me I can discuss the outlines with you…”
The waiter returned at that point with my order. She stopped. I offered to order for her and she or he graciously accepted.
While we continued with our dinner, she told me about her background. She had come from Kolkata on an assignment and it had been an opportunity that she saw me within the office where I had gone within the morning. On inquiring about my stay within the town I told her that i used to be during this hotel.
The dinner was over and she or he was willing to debate her business outlines with me. I suggested that we could attend my room where over a cup of coffee we could discuss further.
In my room, she made herself comfortable on the chair and that i reclined on the bed. Coffee had been ordered.
“Please explain your business details to me.” I said suppressing my feelings. She took out a folder with sheaf of papers and handed over two of them to me and commenced her presentation.
About an hour later, it was 10.00 pm.… she then concluded. Her proposal was quite convincing and my first impression was that I could take it forward to my senior management. I said, “Can you send me some more details as we've discussed just now? ”
It was getting late within the night and with slightly of concern I asked, “Where have you ever put up Debina? it's quite late within the night for a woman to maneuver … “
In the back of my mind I had harbored a faint hope that she was staying during this hotel; then we'd have spent longer together. Her intelligence, charm and overall personality were tying me up with a bond of loving attraction. it had been a sense which was gradually overwhelming me.
She smiled, “I am staying at the adjoining hotel; it's just a walking distance…” She paused and continued, “…. tomorrow morning i'm traveling far, but i will be able to attempt to take it forward soon.”
Then she stood up, “Now am i able to take your leave? “.
I got up and shook her hand. it had been slim and soft; I withdrew my hand with some reluctance. My eyes were on her! Perhaps there was something in my expression and visual communication that appeared to reveal my inner thoughts to her. Women did seem to possess that insight to know these!
She could have read the signals and left directly but she didn’t. Standing there she was watching me for a few more moments. Her eyes were soft and misty… lips slightly apart as if she wanted to mention something but unable to …
My thoughts were in turmoil; a breathlessness was overcoming me as if i used to be a faculty kid close to experience his old flame . Mesmerized I again wanted to require her hand and gently pull her towards me… it had been such a gorgeous dream. and that i did!
Suddenly the entire edifice appeared to crumble… it had been as if I had just woken up… reality was different. Debina pulled her hand back with a quick smile; she turned and went out of the space leaving it empty…. barren of any life and color!
I stared at the open door for several minutes then got up and closed it.
That whole night I had a fitful sleep!
Next morning, I decreased to the restaurant for my breakfast. Another busy day awaited me. On the way near the reception area, I found alittle crowd discussing something animatedly. Curious, i ended and asked the receptionist. She replied “Sir… a woman has been found dead within the next-door hotel … police say that she died yesterday afternoon. her body was found today morning… explanation for death not known…”
Suddenly my mouth turned dry in some unknown anxiety, “What is her name? “I could manage to mention .
“Sir… her name was Debina …”
My mind, directly became a whirlwind… was it an equivalent Debina who was with me the whole yesterday evening? But how can that be if she had already been dead? Who was she … her soul… her spirit? I couldn’t believe it!!
My emotive turmoil was hard to define. i used to be during a daze. subsequent day i used to be back in Kolkata. Visiting her Firm, M/s Coal Equipment, a really senior officer confirmed that Debina did work for them; unfortunately, she was found dead in Raniganj, a day ago. Nobody knew how she had died. The Police was investigating.
Later I came to understand that she was no ordinary employee; she was the daughter of the owner of that Firm but being independent- minded always preferred to chart her own career together with her unstinted efforts!
A year had since passed. i used to be still trying to seek out the answers to my eternal questions. But more questions had come up. Why did she come to me? Was she so committed that even after her death she was finishing her business assignments? That’s the rationale why she had come to me! I admired her ethereal sense of responsibility! including that I couldn’t help but to feel that she had sensed my loving attraction for her! Would she have reciprocated… but how?
I know that she is going to still be an enigma to me!
Eventually her Firm was successful in getting the business from my firm …due to her efforts that fateful day… but I couldn’t have gotten her, ever.
Today, only an emotional illusion is staying with me and can endure for the remainder of my life!
Strangely, tonight, while retiring to bed I sensed a light perfumed aroma which had surrounded her…….
–END–
![]() |
| WHO IS SHE Story |
My mind, directly became a whirlwind... was it an equivalent Debina who was with me the whole yesterday evening? But how can that be if she had already been ......... There are certain days when one would expect that things could are different!
It was that day of early December! I had visited the coal town of Raniganj in West Bengal for a few official assignment.
It was a busy day and that i had figured to chill off within the evening… no more tension of the office!
Sitting within the restaurant of the Hotel occupying a table for 2 , I felt like going to know… ask somebody… but no known person could are there. it had been my first visit thereto town; my only acquaintances were office ones …
I casually glanced around. it had been an outsized restaurant but sparsely occupied. there have been sprinklings of men and ladies , more gentlemen as I could figure out .
My eyes dwelt upon the Far East corner of the space near the reception area. a woman was sitting there alone even as i used to be here. Could she even be trying to find somebody to speak to as I was?
She seemed to have slim built, pleasant in appearance, perhaps within the wrong side of twenty, attired in traditional sari of sunshine pink. The nip within the air thanks to the onset of early winter had made her drape a black woolen shawl on her shoulders.
I was a long way away and her description in my mind may need been a touch premature, especially her appearance, but it had been just idle speculation. I had nothing else to occupy me at that point .
Soon the waiter came and took my dinner order. for a few minutes my attention was diverted; when the waiter left, I saw my watch – the time was 7.55 pm; I looked again towards the direction of the woman . She wasn't there.
“Well”, I thought, “there goes alittle diversion during this dreary place.”
With nothing else to try to to I picked up the menu again…dessert had to be ordered.
“May I sit here?”, there was a coffee melodious voice of a woman .
I raised my eyes … a touch stunned because the same lady was standing near me, a faint smile on her face, a light perfumed aroma surrounding her.
She was pretty, fair complexioned with petite nose, large – dark eyes, alittle shapely mouth colored with natural lipstick. the foremost striking feature of her appearance was thick, black and wavy hair cascading down till her shoulders.
It just took a couple of moments on behalf of me to soak up her beauty … yes in my mind she appeared fascinating. such a lot in order that I felt my heart was palpitating.
I was sure my face didn’t reveal my inner thoughts … outwardly i used to be calm and stared at her.
She repeated, “May I?”
“Yes”, I said, “But i'm unable to put you”.
She sat down demurely and opened her purse removing a calling card . “I am Debina, Business Development Manager of M/s Coal Equipment. I saw you in carbonado Coalfields’ office today morning and over- heard your business proposal to them. pitying unintended intrusion. “
She handed her card to me, “My firm are going to be ready to supplement your proposal in such how that both yours and my firm are going to be benefited.”
Then opening her leather bag, she said, “If you permit me I can discuss the outlines with you…”
The waiter returned at that point with my order. She stopped. I offered to order for her and she or he graciously accepted.
While we continued with our dinner, she told me about her background. She had come from Kolkata on an assignment and it had been an opportunity that she saw me within the office where I had gone within the morning. On inquiring about my stay within the town I told her that i used to be during this hotel.
The dinner was over and she or he was willing to debate her business outlines with me. I suggested that we could attend my room where over a cup of coffee we could discuss further.
In my room, she made herself comfortable on the chair and that i reclined on the bed. Coffee had been ordered.
“Please explain your business details to me.” I said suppressing my feelings. She took out a folder with sheaf of papers and handed over two of them to me and commenced her presentation.
About an hour later, it was 10.00 pm.… she then concluded. Her proposal was quite convincing and my first impression was that I could take it forward to my senior management. I said, “Can you send me some more details as we've discussed just now? ”
It was getting late within the night and with slightly of concern I asked, “Where have you ever put up Debina? it's quite late within the night for a woman to maneuver … “
In the back of my mind I had harbored a faint hope that she was staying during this hotel; then we'd have spent longer together. Her intelligence, charm and overall personality were tying me up with a bond of loving attraction. it had been a sense which was gradually overwhelming me.
She smiled, “I am staying at the adjoining hotel; it's just a walking distance…” She paused and continued, “…. tomorrow morning i'm traveling far, but i will be able to attempt to take it forward soon.”
Then she stood up, “Now am i able to take your leave? “.
I got up and shook her hand. it had been slim and soft; I withdrew my hand with some reluctance. My eyes were on her! Perhaps there was something in my expression and visual communication that appeared to reveal my inner thoughts to her. Women did seem to possess that insight to know these!
She could have read the signals and left directly but she didn’t. Standing there she was watching me for a few more moments. Her eyes were soft and misty… lips slightly apart as if she wanted to mention something but unable to …
My thoughts were in turmoil; a breathlessness was overcoming me as if i used to be a faculty kid close to experience his old flame . Mesmerized I again wanted to require her hand and gently pull her towards me… it had been such a gorgeous dream. and that i did!
Suddenly the entire edifice appeared to crumble… it had been as if I had just woken up… reality was different. Debina pulled her hand back with a quick smile; she turned and went out of the space leaving it empty…. barren of any life and color!
I stared at the open door for several minutes then got up and closed it.
That whole night I had a fitful sleep!
Next morning, I decreased to the restaurant for my breakfast. Another busy day awaited me. On the way near the reception area, I found alittle crowd discussing something animatedly. Curious, i ended and asked the receptionist. She replied “Sir… a woman has been found dead within the next-door hotel … police say that she died yesterday afternoon. her body was found today morning… explanation for death not known…”
Suddenly my mouth turned dry in some unknown anxiety, “What is her name? “I could manage to mention .
“Sir… her name was Debina …”
My mind, directly became a whirlwind… was it an equivalent Debina who was with me the whole yesterday evening? But how can that be if she had already been dead? Who was she … her soul… her spirit? I couldn’t believe it!!
My emotive turmoil was hard to define. i used to be during a daze. subsequent day i used to be back in Kolkata. Visiting her Firm, M/s Coal Equipment, a really senior officer confirmed that Debina did work for them; unfortunately, she was found dead in Raniganj, a day ago. Nobody knew how she had died. The Police was investigating.
Later I came to understand that she was no ordinary employee; she was the daughter of the owner of that Firm but being independent- minded always preferred to chart her own career together with her unstinted efforts!
A year had since passed. i used to be still trying to seek out the answers to my eternal questions. But more questions had come up. Why did she come to me? Was she so committed that even after her death she was finishing her business assignments? That’s the rationale why she had come to me! I admired her ethereal sense of responsibility! including that I couldn’t help but to feel that she had sensed my loving attraction for her! Would she have reciprocated… but how?
I know that she is going to still be an enigma to me!
Eventually her Firm was successful in getting the business from my firm …due to her efforts that fateful day… but I couldn’t have gotten her, ever.
Today, only an emotional illusion is staying with me and can endure for the remainder of my life!
Strangely, tonight, while retiring to bed I sensed a light perfumed aroma which had surrounded her…….
–END–



